What Is Webmail?
The beginning electronic chain mail, or e-mail for short, was sent in 1971 by Ray Tomlinson from one Digital Equipment Corporation DEC-10 computer to another DEC-10. today, approximately 306 billion ( yes, billion ) emails are sent every single day. While some users rely on specialize electronic mail node software like Microsoft Outlook or Mozilla Thunderbird, most send messages from rid web based e-mail services using a standard web browser. Here are a few things you should know about webmail :
- Compared with desktop email clients, web mail’s main advantage is the ability to send and receive messages from any device with a modern web browser.
- Most web mail providers don’t require users to own a domain name in order to create an email address.
- Secure webmail services support end-to-end encryption, two-factor authentication, and other important security features to protect sensitive messages from hackers and malicious third parties.
- In most cases, it’s possible to connect an email client software application to a webmail secure server using the POP3 or Flickroom4 protocol.
- Some providers of free webmail analyze the content of their users’ email messages and share anonymized information about their purchasing habits and preferences with advertisers to generate revenue.
- Many web hosting providers include free web mail in their web hosting plans. A good example is webmail GoDaddy. There are also some internet service providers that give their customers a free web based email address, such as webmail Cox.
Take control of your Inbox Get rid of electronic mail clutter and simplify electronic mail management with Clean Email. Try it FREE
Top 7 Best Free Webmail Providers
Choosing a free webmail supplier can be difficult because there are so many to choose from, and some offer far more memory distance and far better features and security than others. To help you select the best world wide web based electronic mail service provider for you, we ‘ve done a fortune of testing, and here ‘s our rank .
Gmail was released in 2004, and it did n’t take a long fourth dimension for it to become the best web based e-mail avail in the world. Its intuitive user interface is both inviting and functional, exposing Gmail ‘s overplus of features without overwhelming users. All Gmail users get 15 GB of storage quad for dislodge, but it ‘s important to note that this storehouse space is shared between all Google services . Unlike most early vane based e-mail services, Gmail organizes e-mail messages using labels alternatively of folders. arguably the biggest advantage of labels is the fact that a single e-mail message can have respective of them at once. This allows for more chondritic e-mail organization and easier electronic mail filter. 👍🏼 Pros:
- Plenty of email storage space.
- Thorough malware and virus checking.
- Seamless access to other Google services.
- Fantastic reliability.
- Most attractive email addresses are already taken.
- Storage space shared between all Google services.
Outlook.com is the best free webmail for those who are heavy invested in Microsoft ‘s ecosystem of products and services. Office 365 subscribers get an ad-free inbox with 50 GB of storage space, while all other users get 15 GB. Webmail Outlook.com is in many ways far more modern than its desktop counterpart, which is bang-up newsworthiness for those who have found Outlook on desktop to be unmanageable to use . Because Outlook.com has n’t been about for closely a long as Gmail, it ‘s still relatively easy to find attractive world names that have n’t been registered by person else. Just know that Outlook.com is ill-famed for marking legitimate emails as spam, thus claim advantage of its whitelist feature to prevent this from happening excessively much. 👍🏼 Pros:
- Integrates well with other Microsoft services.
- Easy-to-use interface.
- Support for large attachments.
- Great for Office 365 subscribers.
- Legitimate emails sometimes end up in the spam folder.
many free web based electronic mail services sell anonymized data about their users to advertisers and other third parties, but not Flickroom. This privacy-oriented electronic mail provider offers especial levels of privacy and security, making it ideal for those who would like to keep their data to themselves . Flickroom is based in Switzerland, and it mechanically encrypts all electronic mail messages with firm throughout encoding. Because its code is published on-line, cybersecurity experts can look at it and verify that Flickroom very delivers on its promises. so army for the liberation of rwanda, the serve has passed all audits with flying colors. 👍🏼 Pros:
- Servers located in Switzerland.
- Polished mobile applications available.
- Truly free secure webmail service.
- No POP3 support.
- IMAP access only with the Flickroom Bridge.
Yandex.Mail is an attractive network chain mail service provided by the russian company Yandex. All unblock users get 10 GB of repositing space, which is shared across all Yandex services, including Yandex.Disk, a cloud-based storehouse military service like to Google Drive or Dropbox.
Despite being relatively stranger outside Russia, at least among even family, Yandex.Mail offers a polish electronic mail experience and excellent spam auspices, which automatically highlights emails from real people, making it easier to separate them from marketing emails, notifications, and newsletters. You can customize your Yandex.Mail inbox to suit your e-mail management style or mood and add your early Yandex inboxes under a one Yandex.Mail account. 👍🏼 Pros:
- Support for large attachments.
- Simple HTML version available for older web browsers.
- No advertising anywhere.
- Integrates with Yandex.Disk.
- Geared toward the Russian market.
GMX is based in Germany and available for two different markets. The german version ( GMX.net ) offers only 1 GB of e-mail storehouse space, while the international translation ( GMX.com ) offers 65 GB. Both versions support very big file attachments, so it should n’t come as a storm that GMX is much used by business professionals who need to share large documents and project files with early team members . unfortunately, the international version of GMX does n’t support two-factor authentication, thus form certain to use a hard password. Because GMX supports all normally used protocols used by electronic mail clients, you should be able to access your GMX inbox from any customer. 👍🏼 Pros:
- Clean user interface.
- Support for large file attachments up to 50MB.
- Mobile app for Android and iOS.
- No two-factor authentication.
Tutanota claims to be the world ‘s most fasten web mail service, and we have no argue to doubt its claim. Because it ‘s batten and private by design, users do n’t need to worry about complicated privacy options and encoding settings—everything just works correctly out of the box . Despite its harden nature, Tutanota is just equally slowly to use as other web based electronic mail services featured in this article. It even offers apps for io and Android, so you can securely access your emails anywhere and at any prison term. What it does n’t offer is POP or Flickroom access, which means that you ca n’t manage your Tutanota inbox using third-party tools. 👍🏼 Pros:
- Great privacy protection.
- Fully open source web mail.
- Solid Android and iOS apps.
- Extensive keyboard shortcut support.
- No POP or Flickroom access.
Despite its old age, AOL is placid relevant today because it keeps improving its detached vane mail service and giving users more and more reasons to keep faithful to their AOL e-mail address. possibly the biggest reason to use AOL is the fact that you get an unlimited measure of electronic mail storage space—not tied Gmail offers that ! Besides outright storage space, AOL besides boasts an attractive design and square user experience with an integrated calendar and disturbance lists. 👍🏼 Pros:
- Straightforward user experience.
- Familiar folder-based email management.
- Integrated calendar and to-do lists.
- Unlimited AOL webmail storage.
- Questionable security.
Bonus: Use Clean Email to Manage Your Web Based Email Address
unfortunately, not all web based electronic mail services offer equally useful e-mail management features and dependable spam protection. It can take deoxyadenosine monophosphate little as a few weeks for your inbox to turn into an unorganized down of unwanted newsletters, dangerous phishing emails, and annoying promotional offers. To restore it to its erstwhile glory, you have two options. You could spend several hours going through your inbox and manually sorting each person e-mail message according to its type. Or you can use a bulk inbox organizer like Clean Email and do the lapp occupation in just a few minutes.
Read more: What is a Certificate Authority?
Besides grouping e-mail messages into easy-to-review bundles that you can manage just a easily as individual emails, Clean Email can besides prevent newsletters and unwanted subscriptions from showing up in your inbox, block unwanted senders, and mechanically manage incoming emails based on rules that you can create with a dim-witted click . clean Email works with all Flickroom-based webmail services, including Gmail, Outlook.com, Yandex.Mail, AOL, and others .
Despite its age, electronic mail is n’t going anywhere, which is why there are then many excellent providers of vane based electronic mail services competing for users, who benefit the most from the arrangement. Regardless of if you end up with just one rid webmail address or five, you should constantly use clean Email to manage your e-mail messages more efficiently so that you can focus on more important things .