There are several factors that may lead to the death of a Tamagotchi. The following are the most common :
- Care Mistakes are the most common factor. Mistakes in the Care of a Tamagotchi not only influence what character the pet grows into, but also how long it will live. Allowing too many care mistakes to accumulate would trigger the Tamagotchi’s death. The threshold of how many care mistakes are needed has increased with modern releases.
- Sickness is another current common factor. Leaving a Tamagotchi ill over an extended period of time will cause the Tamagotchi to pass away.
- Old Age is a factor limited to older releases. In this case, each Tamagotchi character has a specific life span, and how it’s cared for will determine if it is expanded or shortened. As the life span grows longer, the Tamagotchi will become much more needy for food and attention, until it finally passes away. The average Tamagotchi lifespan is around 12 days, with the lowest around age 7 and the highest around age 25. This factor has been negated on modern releases; the age counter stops when it reaches 99, but adults will now live for as long as the user takes good care and prevents Care Mistakes.
- Predators is a factor limited to the Tamagotchi Ocean, the Mori de Hakken! Tamagotch, and several Tamagotchi Nano releases. In these cases, the Tamagotchi is attacked by another creature, and the user must intervene to save it. Failing to do so may result in injury or death.
- The Grim Gotchi is the penultimate factor of death on many modern releases. If any of the previous requirements to trigger death happen, the Grim Gotchi will eventually appear, and the user will have 15 minutes to banish it, whether it be by using a previous Tamagotchi’s spirit or by bringing the Tamagotchi to the hospital. If the user fails (or is unable), the Grim Gotchi will trigger the death sequence.
On some releases, extra factors may appear that are unique to them :
- Tamagotchi Angel: Turning off the lights while the Angel is awake will cause it to be ambushed by Gaikotchi. If this is done too many times, or when the Angel is at an old age, it will trigger the ending sequence – younger angels are more likely to go through a bad end and mutate into Deviltchi.
- Tamagotchi Ocean: While the Tamagotchi is in the child and teen stage, the Discipline meter must be filled to at least 5/7 before evolution time, or it will die. Additionally, accumulating four illnesses, whether from being attacked by a predator or any care-related reason with more than 6 hours prior to evolution will result in death. Feeding too many snacks and altering the clock also may trigger it to die prematurely.
- Debirutch no Tamagotch: If the Tamagotchi’s Devil Power remains above 90 for too long or hits 100, a Bad End will occur. Additionally, Clione Deviltchi’s Good Friend ending will occasionally feature a Chesnut Angel.
Some Tamagotchi releases will have multiple possible death sequences, and which sequence happens is determined by how well it was cared for and what triggered its death. Most normally, end sequences differentiate between “ good ” and “ bad ” ends. For example, on the original Tamagotchi, it will show the Tamagotchi laying an egg merely before it dies if it was cared for well through its adulthood, while no egg is laid if it either dies from neglect or dies before reaching adulthood .
once the Tamagotchi dies, none of the icons on the screen door will be able to be selected, and on some releases, the clock screen door will be inaccessible. The user can check the Tamagotchi ‘s final statistics ( only its age and sometimes weight for vintage releases, and its name and Generation on mod releases ) by pressing the B button. Pressing A and C together will trigger a new egg to appear. On releases that count Generations, the reckoning will revert back to Generation 1. On the Mesutchi and Osutchi, the TMP will return to TMP1, careless of the previous Tamagotchi ‘s TMP. On all of the Tamagotchi Flickroomn models from the interpretation 1 through Version 4.5, all items and Gotchi Points are lost. The japanese models ( Keitai Kaitsuu Tamagotchi Plus forth ) all retain items and Gotchi Points. From the Version 5 forth, items and Gotchi Points being retained after death became the standard across all regions. On releases with travel, all locations unlocked will be retained ( with the exception of the Gotchi King ‘s Castle on the Tamagotchi Plus Color and Hexagontchi ). On some releases, once the raw egg is hatched, a photograph of the previously deceased Tamagotchi will appear in the Notebook picture under the “ memory ” or “ history ” section. For releases that include megabyte ! xing, including the Tamagotchi megabyte ! x and Tamagotchi On, all genetics will be lost .
For the vintage era releases, such as the original Tamagotchi, death is inevitable. Therefore, once it starts dying, the process can not be stopped. however, it is potential to extend the life by pausing it through the clock set screen. The Tamagotchi ‘s overall life is based on both what adult it evolves into and how well it ‘s cared for ; for example, Tarakotchi will often die within three days of evolving, while Mametchi can live for 20 years or more. As it ages, it will get vomit more frequently and deplete its Hungry and felicitous meters faster, making worry mistakes more likely .
Tamagotchi Flickroomn/Tamagotchi Plus
For the Tamagotchi Flickroomn toys ( including the Tamagotchi Flickroomn Version 1 through Version 4.5, Tamagotchi Music Star, Tamatown Tama-Go, Tamagotchi Friends, Dream Town Digital Friend, and the 2005 version of the Tamagotchi Mini ), the unit can be paused by pressing the A and B buttons together. The Tamagotchi will stop in plaza and the son “ PAUSE ” will appear above its heading ( the Mini will show an ecphonesis score rather ). This does not work on any japanese dismissal ; the clock screen door method must be used alternatively. For the Version 5, or V5 Celebrity, the drug user can use the Travel Channel as a hesitate function. The transmit is free to use on all english versions, while the japanese versions require Gotchi Points to use it. additionally, pressing the A push button 100 times during the foremost separate of the death sequence will stop the Tamagotchi from dying or running away. If a Tamagotchi has previously died on the Keitai, Akai, Entama or Uratama, a portrait of them will appear in the “ memory ” section of the Notebook picture. Selecting them will allow the current Tamagotchi to pray to them. If the drug user ‘s current Tamagotchi is about to die, the drug user can have it pray again, and the spirit of the former Tamagotchi will appear and save the current Tamagotchi from death. This can entirely be done once .
On the color releases, if the musician selects the clover icon during this part of the death animation, they will be able to summon an ambulance to drive the Tamagotchi to the hospital and save it. This can be done an inexhaustible sum of times. From the Tamagotchi id to the 4U+, if the Tamagotchi is an adult and is planning to run away, they will stop packing up and flowers will appear in the backyard. On the Tamagotchi 4U and 4U+, if a Tamagotchi tries to run away, leaving it idle for a long time period of time will cause it to leave. however, if the user chooses “ Scold ” after the animation starts, it will leave immediately ; choosing “ lecture to ” three times will prevent it from leaving. When it does leave, a letter will appear on screen. In the first base 24 hours following the runaway, the exploiter is given an opportunity to search for it. If “ Yes ” is chosen, an animation will play of the vicinity being searched before the Tamagotchi is found in a tent at the park and returning home. If “ No ” is chosen or if 24 hours have elapsed, pressing A will show a letter on filmdom and the Tamagotchi can not be brought back. On the Tamagotchi megabyte ! ten and Tamagotchi On, the Tamagotchi can be sent to the play room/hotel from the hours of 7 AM to 7 PM, or visit their parents ‘ family from the second generation on from 7 AM to 5 PM. Like the Travel Channel on the japanese V5, it costs Gotchi Points to use the hotel, and the Tamagotchi will become dysphoric if not picked up from the hotel before it closes. The parent ‘s theater is absolve and does not cause unhappiness if not picked up by the user. On the Tamagotchi Pix, the Tamagotchi can be looked after by a sitter who comes to their firm alternatively. On the Tamagotchi Smart, Smaspitchi is able to take caution of the drug user ‘s Tamagotchi between 7 AM and 6 PM, but will become unhappy if left alone with them afterwards .
In the Anime
Episode 9 of Anime TV de Hakken ! ! Tamagotchi shows the guide of a Ginjirotchi, surrounded by his friends in the hospital. His liveliness leaves his body as an Obaketchi that ‘s inconspicuous to everyone, and he is shortly after escorted by Chestnut Angel through the gates of the Tenshitchi Capital, where it becomes Ghost Jr, and then Ginjirotchi Angel.
No anime adaptations in the mod earned run average have explicitly shown death. There have been a few instances where death is implied, but the Tamagotchi believed to have passed ends up being completely okay moments later .
generation 1 ( English ) generation 2 ( English ) Mothra Tamagotchi Angel, good end ( japanese ) Angel, good end ( English ) Angel, bad end ( japanese ) Angel, bad end ( English ) Genjintch Tamagotchi Osutchi and Mesutchi, day Osutchi, night Mesutchi, night Morino Ocean ( japanese )
Ocean ( English ) Yasashii Devilgotch, Bad end
- On the Mothra Tamagotchi, the pet will never lay an egg in its death sequence if it dies from old age, but has also been known to lay an egg if neglected to death while it is of a sufficient age.
- On the Keitai and Akai, purchasing a special tomb (高級墓) for 5000 Gotchi Points will trigger an alternate death sequence, where Chestnut Angels appear and escort the Tamagotchi to the afterlife, and the standard tombstone is replaced with the special tomb.
- The 2017 rerelease of the Tamagotchi Mini was the first English Tamagotchi to not alter the death sequence and screen from the Japanese version. This was followed by the Tamagotchi On, the first color screen in the USA, retaining the original death sequence and screen from the Meets.
- Despite heavy alteration in English-language releases, the programming of death remains the same in all releases.
- Tamagotchi cannot die in My Tamagotchi Forever; instead they graduate and leave home, making it the only game to lack this sequence.