- 1 What is convalescence Mode on Samsung ?
- 2 enter Recovery Mode on Samsung Devices
- 2.1 Samsung Recovery Mode Key Combinations
- 2.2 Boot into Recovery Mode without Pressing Keys
What is convalescence Mode on Samsung ?
recovery manner is a very utilitarian sport found on all Android devices including Samsung. Using the Recovery Mode, you can perform a factory readjust, wipe data, and cache partitions. These actions can help you fix some problems on your device. furthermore, you can besides install OTA update.zip package from Samsung to update your device software manually .
android Recovery Mode Options Explained
- Reboot to bootloader: You can use this option to enter the Download Mode on Samsung devices right from the Recovery Menu.
- Apply update from ADB: By selecting this option, you can flash OTA update.zip file using the ‘adb sideload
‘ command on your computer. Obviously, you will have to connect your device to the computer via a USB cable.
adb sideload ota.zip
- Apply update from SD card: If you have the OTA zip, you can install it by placing the update package file on your Samsung phone’s storage. Just boot into the Recovery Mode, select this option, navigate to the update file and select and confirm.
- Wipe data/factory reset: As the very name suggests, you can use this option to wipe all data on your Samsung device and reset it to the factory state. Before you perform a factory reset to fix some minor problem on your phone, you should try to diagnose the problem using the Safe Mode on your Samsung Galaxy device.
- Wipe cache partition: The cache partition keeps all cache data and by selecting this option you can clean all the accumulated cache on your phone.
- Mount/ system: Using option, you can mount the System partition on your Android and modify anything on this partition via your computer.
- View recovery logs: The recovery logs on Android devices keep a record of all activities done via the recovery mode.
- Run graphics test: This option can be used to test the GPU (graphics processing unit) on Android devices. Since this option is not meant to be used by consumers. When I tried running a graphics test on my Galaxy Note 10 +, it started updating apps and erasing something. I thought it would wipe my phone but it didn’t.
- Run locale test: This, again, is not supposed to be used by normal users and is meant for app developers. This test help developers “simulate the characteristics of languages that cause UI, layout, and other translation-related problems“.
- Reboot system now: Using this option, you can reboot your system in user mode.
- Power off: Select this option to turn off your Samsung phone or tablet.
Don’t Miss: How to Extract PIT File from Samsung Firmware
enter Recovery Mode on Samsung Devices
I already wrote a detail tutorial on booting into the Samsung Download Mode with and without keys. While there is no Samsung Recovery Mode tool available, you can still reboot your Samsung device into the Recovery Mode with and without pressing the hardware keys .
Samsung Recovery Mode Key Combinations
Samsung Devices with Home, Power and volume Keys
If your Samsung phone has a Home button, you can get into the Recovery Mode as follows .
- Power off your device.
- Hold the Volume Up + Home + Power keys at the same time for 5-7 seconds.
- As soon as you see the Samsung logo, release the Power key but keep the other two buttons pressed until you see the screen with Android Recovery written on the top.
Samsung Devices with Power and book Keys
If your Samsung Galaxy telephone has alone the Power and volume buttons, here ’ s how you can enter the Recovery Mode .
- Turn off your device.
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Power keys together for about 5 seconds.
Samsung Phones with Power, Bixby, and volume Keys
- Power off your Samsung Galaxy device.
- Hold the Volume Up + Bixby + Power keys simultaneously for about 5 seconds.
- Keep the buttons pressed until the recovery menu appears.
Samsung Devices with bulk and Power/Bixby Keys
On the latest high-end and flagship Samsung devices like Galaxy S20, Note 10, Galaxy A80, and so forth, you can enter the recovery mood by using the following hardware key combination.
Read more: Ace Attorney
- Power off your phone.
- Press and hold the Volume Up + Power buttons for 5 seconds.
Boot into Recovery Mode without Pressing Keys
ADB commands do many things on Android devices and you can use them to reboot into the Recovery Mode as well. You can the ‘ adb reboot recovery ‘ command to reboot any Android device into the Recovery Mode. Needless to mention you ’ ll need a personal computer or laptop to be able to do this .
- Download the latest SDK Platform-tools.zip for your Windows, macOS, or Linux computer and extract it on your desktop.
- Navigate to the platform-tools folder that contains the ADB and Fastboot files.
- Launch the command window from this folder by typing “cmd” in the folder address bar and pressing the Enter key.
- Make sure to install the FlickroomB driver on your computer and enable USB debugging on the device.
- Connect your Samsung phone or tablet to the computer via the USB cable that came with your device.
- Execute the following command to check that your device is properly connected to the ADB server.
- Now type the following command and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
adb reboot recovery
- Your Samsung Galaxy phone or tablet will reboot into the Recovery Mode without pressing any hardware keys.
Note: You can exit the Recovery Mode on Samsung devices by selecting the Reboot system now option .
Don ’ deoxythymidine monophosphate forget to check out our super-detailed list of ADB Shell commands and Fastboot commands to explore the broad likely of the command-line instrument for Android .