This article is about the character, Jack Vessalius’ .
Jack (Chapter) or Jack Vessalius’ Pocket Watch. You may be looking for
Reading: Jack Vessalius
|“||Humans… are such weak beings… both I… and Glen.||”|
|—Retrace twenty-seven : Get Out of the Pool|
- 1 Jack Vessalius
- 2 Basic Info
- 3 Personal Status
- 4 Contracts
- 5 First Appearance
- 6 Voices
- 7 appearance
- 8 personality
- 9 Abilities and Powers
- 10 Quotes
- 11 Appearances
- 12 trivium
- 13 Navigation
25 (At Death)
140 (Chronological Age))
January 19th (Capricorn)
180 cm (5’11”)
( † )
Unnamed Mother ( † )
Unnamed Half Brother ( † )
Unnamed Half Brother ( † )
( † )
( † )
Xai ‘s Unnamed Son ( Descendant ) ( † )
Oscar ‘s Unnamed Son ( Descendant ) ( † )
( † )
Viscount Vessalius (Father)Unnamed MotherUnnamed Half BrotherUnnamed Half Brother Xai Vessalius (Descendant) Oscar Vessalius (Descendant)Xai’s Unnamed Son (Descendant)Oscar’s Unnamed Son (Descendant) Ada Vessalius (Descendant)
Oz the B-Rabbit
Retrace IV : tryst
Pandora Hearts Episode 4 : rendezvous
Read more: How to Download PSP Games to a Memory Stick
Jack Vessalius ( ジャック＝ベザリウス, Jakku Bezariusu ) was a quality from Jun Mochizuki ‘s Pandora Hearts. He was the lone homo survivor of the Tragedy of Sablier, an consequence in which Glen Baskerville ordered all humans within the early capital of Sablier be murdered. Though Jack and Glen had once been best friends, Jack killed Glen, for which he would come to be praised as the Hero of Sablier. subsequently, he would spearhead a menstruation of reconstruction in which power was distributed to what would come to be known as the Four Great Dukedoms. Pandora, a politics organization dedicated to inquiry of the Abyss, was founded under his steering. however, Jack died to wounds sustained during the Tragedy soon after. A prophecy bode that he and the Baskervilles would return a hundred later, its words baring during Oz Vessalius ‘s Coming of Age Ceremony. As Jack ‘s distant descendant, Oz was declared by Pandora to be his reincarnation, his consistency being found to contain Jack ‘s soul .
Uwaaah ! That is such a spoiler !
This article contains plat and/or ending details for Pandora Hearts.
Read at your own risk .
Born twenty five years before the Tragedy of Sablier, Jack was a asshole child of the child noble house Vessalius and one of its maids. His biological mother was expelled from the Vessalius estate of the realm following his give birth, and though his father promised to legitimize Jack someday, Jack and his mother lived in poverty well into his teens. After years of physical and emotional misuse, Jack fled his mother to live on the streets. There, at age fifteen, he met Lacie Baskerville, who saved him from the brink of starvation and asked that he find a way to survive. Deeply moved by Lacie ‘s actions, Jack sought urgently to meet her again, committing atrocious actions he felt were necessary to his finish. While Jack was legitimized as a son of the Vessalius theater around the historic period of seventeen, this was a hollow victory- his actions had driven him past his own invention of humanity, and he grew to despise Lacie for saving him. In no means was his obsession discouraged, however. alternatively, he came to believe his hate for Lacie was his lone true emotion, her being the only thing binding him to the world. At age twenty three, Jack and Lacie would ultimately reunite, Jack having successfully snuck onto the Baskerville Estate. He was apprehended by Lacie ‘s elder brother, Oswald, but granted permission by the presiding Glen Baskerville to return to their estate of the realm adenine frequently as he wished. Jack, Lacie, and Oswald formed a tenuous but however emotional friendship over the following few months, until Lacie one day asked Jack to leave the Estate for a week. When he returned, Oswald announced that he had killed Lacie, causing Jack to enter a calendar month long fugue submit. This would end with a visit from the former Glen Baskerville, now called Levi, who informed Jack that Lacie had borne children and offered to introduce them to him. Levi died soon after, but Jack felt a renewed sense of hope and began to visit the Baskerville Estate again. He and Oswald, now Glen, resumed their friendship. One day, Jack discovered a fragment of Lacie ‘s memories preserved by the Core of the Abyss, in which Lacie declared that she loved the world. After ascertaining that Oswald no long had any will to recover Lacie ‘s soul, Jack became determined to drag the world Lacie loved into Abyss. Over the run of a few months, Jack would form respective alliances, manipulating Oswald, Lacie ‘s daughter the Intention of Abyss, and Baskerville brothers Gilbert and Vincent in order to reach his finish. His efforts would finally bear fruit in what was subsequently known as the Tragedy of Sablier, in which Jack Illegally Contracted the Chain known as Oz the B-Rabbit and destroyed the “ chains ” distinguishing the substantial worldly concern and Abyss.Though Jack had wished to bring the entire earth into Abyss, Oswald limited the oscilloscope of the B-Rabbit ‘s effects before Jack killed him. When Jack went to ask the Intention of Abyss for more baron to destroy the “ chains, ” he rather met her twin sister, Alice. Always distrustful of Jack, Alice attacked him before committing suicide so as to prevent him and her sister from meet. Alice ‘s soul then took Oz ‘s powers, using them to kill Jack and destroy her baby ‘s memories. however, the Core of Abyss was besides thoroughly disgusted with Jack to permit him a true death and thus salvation in the dominion of One Hundred Cycles. He was rather cursed to long time circuitously, backwards from his age at “ death ” into an baby, then back again indefinitely. Horrified by his condition, Jack extensively falsified the circumstances of the Tragedy before faking his own end .
Jack wears white skintight pants with a long green and gold coat and a white ruffled blouse. He uncannily resembles an older, adult Oz with long fortunate hair that is braided and reaches down to his thighs. He has long gold eyelashes and emerald eyes like Oz ‘s, but has a different aura. He wears white gloves over his hands, and in most instances is shown with a pair of equestrian white and black boots. He has a match of abstruse magenta/blue/purple earrings ( the variations of watercolors makes the dependable color appear differently each meter ) that Lacie gave to him, the correct one having been kept and later worn by her for the four months after their reunion, while the left was worn by Jack for the eight years since their meet. Oswald gives Jack the right earring that Lacie had worn when he tells him of her death. It seems that the reason that he and Oz seem so similar is because Oz ‘s body is in truth Jack ‘s that he has allowed Oz to inhabit. Oz and Gilbert met him ( a piece of his soul ) when they were at Cheshire dimension. initially he was thought to be the “ hero ” of 100 years ago and the one who “ defeated ” Glen Baskerville. Jack is alert and constantly has been since the calamity, but his body does not follow the 100 year cycle and so Jack matures to his age at the time of the tragedy, then regresses to an baby. He was a child when he first met Xai Vessalius .
Jack is barely comparable Oz, apparently constantly glad and excessively affirmative. He can be serious on occasion, but is normally highly active and cheerful. He appears to be kind and elementary, but is actually apt and highly manipulative. Something else to note about Jack in particular is that he can give a abrupt gaze that appears as if he is looking right through person and at their true selves. He harbors a grudge against his family because of his unmanageable years growing up, but hides this when he is with other people. Lacie is the merely person whom he ‘s ever confessed it to. He worships Lacie, and places her above everything else, including his animation. His compulsion with Lacie, specially after her end, finally leads to the Tragedy of Sablier, the approach destruction of the global and subsequently many of the events that occured years later. In his grief, after Oz showed him bits of Lacie ‘s memories and feelings at The Intention of the Abyss ‘s request, he realized that Lacie was not going to be coming bet on to their world. So he reasons that he ‘ll barely have to bring the world to her. He immediately seeks to ‘send ‘ this global to Lacie so she wo n’t be lonely, completely disregarding the fact that Glen explained that she was destroyed and does not exist anymore. His soul is shattered during the tragedy, excluding him from the 100 year cycle, and he fears that he will finally be wiped out of being. recently, it has been revealed that Lacie is the lone person that stirs emotions in him such as hate and abhorrence. These emotions made Jack feel alive, and he is now convinced that the entirely way he can “ live ” is to be near her side.
It ‘s possible that Jack is something of a sociopath, considering he appears to have no true feelings for other people, despite the fact that he is identical effective at pretending he does. Several early people have described Jack as seeming empty and like urine. Another thing that supports this is the fact that Jack claimed he was “ in love ” with Lacie, but it seems that his love for her is based on the fact that she taught him to make his life matter to himself, and how he only cares that she died because of his miss of emotions nowadays .
Abilities and Powers
Jack is able to possess and in full control Oz ‘s consistency and B-Rabbit ‘s power freely. This is because Oz has stream possession over his body and was Jack ‘s erstwhile chain .
- Jack is an exceptional sword fighter, though he is weaker than Glen.
- Jack is very good at lying and manipulating others for his own intentions. He managed to convince Alice (Intention) to forget about Oz and help him with his plan. He also used Miranda and Vincent to open the Door to the Abyss so he could form a contract with the chain strong enough to destroy the world: Oz the B-Rabbit, which The Intention of the Abyss created for the task.
- Jack may have become intimately involved with members of high class families through years as a valet in order to gain higher status and enter the Vessalius dukedom. (assumed)
- Jack is also able to summon the chains supporting the world with Oz’s power.
- Because Jack formed a contract with Oz the B-Rabbit, he is able to use his destructive power for whatever he wants. However, it appears that Jack is the only contractor to use his chain’s power against their will.
- While in the Cheshire’s Domain, Jack was able to transport Oz to another location closer to Alice.
- He is able to play a few instuments, some highly unusual, and he must have played ‘Lacie’ for Alice or her sister Alice (Intention) on the piano in their room.
- He is also good at making music boxes, and made the pocketwatch that Oz carried around for most of the series.
- “Be careful. You’re being watched by the Intention of the Abyss.”
- “Humans…are weak, aren’t they? Me, and Glen, too.”
- “Here I’ve shown you all my memories…and yet it seems you still missed the point… No, rather it’s that… You’re refusing to see the truth…”
- “I’ll show you.. Just how wrong that statement is…This body… Does not belong to Oz Vessalius…nothing can belong to someone like you. You can achieve nothing, you can’t become anything…you can’t, you just can’t!”
- “You are nothing, you are nothingness…because you destroy everything!“
- “So, Glen, won’t you lower that sword… before I kill your cute little servant?”
- “What’s wrong Glen? Why don’t you hurry up and drop that sword? I really don’t want to…. hurt you like this.”
- “No that’s just a big misunderstanding, Alice. B-Rabbit is MY chain! The one who should leave this body… and disappear …is you, Alice.”
- “SWITCH PLACES! SWITCH PLACES WITH THE WILL OF THE ABYSS RIGHT NOW, YOU’RE USELESS!”
- “PLEASE HURRY UP AND STOP GLEN’S CHAINS! IF YOU CAN’T DO THAT PLEASE… GRANT THE B-RABBIT ENOUGH POWER TO SHATTER THOSE CHAINS AGAIN!”‘
- “Whenever it snows… I am reminded of those days….the day that you found me….and the day that I finally found you…-and I lost you again, Lacie and this time… Its for good“
- “This world that Lacie loved so much…I will let it sink into the Abyss! So that Lacie who has become one with the Abyss…won’t have to be lonely ever again.”
- “I saved the two boys from being inflicted by meaningless violence. The reason why was simple. Vincent had the same red eyes as Lacie. When I brought them back to the estate, and asked them about their situation, I realized something. The circumstances of these two corresponded with the characteristics of the Baskervilles that Levi told me about. I informed Glen about that, and the next day, the Baskervilles came and took those two to Glen’s estate.”
- “To me… This world is like a dark night that swallows everything. But since you came into my life… And you were so kind to find me… I don’t need friends or status anymore. I only need… To have you by my side! Lacie!
(*) – Denotes that the character did not appear physically, but as a part of another character’s memories.
- His likes are, in order: girls, tree climbing, and Lacie. Unlike every other character profile with listed likes, his makes no mention of dislikes.
- Apart from Jury and her fellow Jurors, Jack is the oldest character in Pandora Hearts; having lived continually for nearly 1 1/2 centuries. Furthermore, Jack is the only human character to have achieved his unnatural age without the use of time travel through the Abyss.
- Whenever appearing in omakes, Jack is almost always seen with a mikan (a type of citrus), which acts as his character symbol. Interestingly enough, it’s thought that the use of a mikan is meant to represent Jack’s overall character, as both seem to have both sweet and sour qualities about them.
- Continuing with the tradition of the inspiration of the Pandora Hearts universe from elements of the Alice in Wonderland universe, Jack’s character is likely based off of the Knave of Hearts from Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, given the two characters’ dishonest personas.
- Additionally, a knave can also be referred to as a “Jack”, possible hinting at the inspiration behind Jack’s name.
- To further this fact, Jack was closely connected to the Barma Dukedom more than 100 years ago through Miranda and Arthur, both of whom are meant to represent the characters of The Queen of Hearts and The King of Hearts respectively – solidifying his ties to the “Hearts Suit” theme of characters.
- Another reference to Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland lies with Jack’s first appearance to Oz after his return from the Abyss. In Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland, Alice had to pass through a tiny door which appeared to her behind a curtain in order to get to Wonderland itself for the first time. Similarly, Jack appeared behind a veiled archway to Oz upon their first reunion and urged him to continue searching for Alice’s lost memories – thereby “opening the door” to this new Abyss-driven world heavily mirroring Wonderland.