Features from the original Improvement Project ( v0.01.1 ) :
- Alia’s hints are permanently disabled (replaced by in-game option since v1.6)
- Keep both character bonuses regardless of which one is chosen
- Each Heart Tank/Life-Up Part affect both X & Zero
- Save/Load menu was given a redesign
- Fixed the injured sprites for X & Zero
Addendum Features :
- Title Screen restored from the Japanese version (custom graphics by Metalwario64)
- Mavericks renamed to their Japanese/MMXLC2 names (custom graphics by Metalwario64, based on MMXLC2 new graphics, ripped by DarkSamus993)
- Main version: Complete script replacement, based on Hondoori’s translation. Edited by Ghaleonh41
- No Retranslation: the original USA version’s script and font, except for various typos corrected, and Mavericks renamed to their Japanese/MMXLC2 names.
- Opening theme replaced with the Japanese opening song “Monkey”
- Ending theme replaced with the Japanese ending song “Mizu no Naka”
- Tidal Whale’s stage theme changed to the unused track “Deep Sea”
- X’s “Good” Ending theme changed to the unused track “Armageddon”
- Dr. Light’s theme changed to the unused “Dr. Light” track.
- Stage Select 2 theme changed to the unused “Stage Select” track.
Voice clips restitution :
- X, Zero and Dynamo voice clips cut from western version
- Maverick introduction name calls
Parts Unlocking : ( No need to waste “ hours ”. All available in a individual playthrough. )
- Get Life Up/Energy Up at any level
- Get Life Up+/Energy Up+ (Parts) at any level
- Get both Parts regardless of Life Up+/Energy Up+ selection.
Enigma/Shuttle RNG exceptions :
- Enigma/Shuttle launch with no parts will always fail.
- Shuttle launch with all 4 parts will always succeed.
stagecoach modifications :
- Tidal Whale’s Stage: Auto-scrolling segments run faster (100-125% horizontally, 150% horizontally).
- Tidal Whale’s Stage: U-5555 (mini boss): smaller health bar (75%), but deals more damage (about 150% each attack).
- Dark Necrobat’s Stage: slowdown gimmick removed.
- Zero Space 1: the inner walls in the laser segments are now not grabbable.
More options to explore areas :
Read more: Nintendo DS review: Nintendo DS
- More weapons can break stage objects blocking items in Tidal Whale’s, Shining Firely’s and Dark Necrobat’s stages.
- Dark Hold protects you from spikes.
- F-Splasher and can push V-Blocks.
- More forgiving orb collecting in the Ride Chaser segment (you only need 7 out of 8)
incomplete Armors :
- Armors can now be selected as soon as you get a part for it. While incomplete, they’ll be displayed as unarmored X with a custom palette (see details in project thread)
- Dark Hold: can be cancelled.
- F-Splasher behaves like a regular air dash (can be cancelled)
- W-Shredder: input changed to Dash + Special
- Disabled double tap dash input
- Falcon Armor: gets a custom air dash with the same properties as the “free move” flight.
- Gaea Armor: can slide down walls by pressing down. Dash speed penalty removed.
- Gaea Armor: buster damage against common enemies increased.
- Z-Saber: damage against main bosses decreased.
- Z-Buster: startup delay slightly reduced.
- Longer/harder “X vs. Zero” fight (damage tables reduced)
- Alia’s hints can be turned off from the options menu
- Cutscenes and dialogues skip by pressing START
- Cheat Code to unlock Ultimate Armor will keep the Fourth Armor selectable
- Cheat Codes to unlock Ultimate Armor and Black Zero can be combined
- Faster pause menu transitions
- Exit Button always available, can be used to skip intro stage.
Customization & Optional Hacks :
- No Retranslation
- No Music Changes
- No Music Changes + No Retranslation
- All Music Changes Except Opening
extra hacks available in the “ readme ” as hexadecimal editing instructions :
- Remove Timer
- Hide Virus Status UI
- Always get both Life Up and Energy Up upgrades
- Receive All Parts on the Next Hour
- Enable Item Drops in Xtreme Mode
- Change default game options
- Change number of Parts equipables by armor
- Enable Fourth Armor Nova Strike
- Continues restart the stage (experimental)
- Enable Title Screen voice clip (”Rockman X5″)
There ’ randomness besides instructions to reverse some of the changes included in the plot .
Latest updates :
Read more: How to Download PSP Games to a Memory Stick
- Minor script formatting changes.
- A few under-the-hood changes to enable an additional optional hack (Fourth Armor nerfs).
- Fixed a typo.
- (Bug fix) Audio issues occurring on some emulators.