If you misplace your iPhone, iPad, ipod touch, or Mac, the Find My iPhone app will let you use any io device to find it and protect your data. Simply install this free app, open it, and signboard in with the Apple ID you use for iCloud. Find My iPhone will help you locate your missing device on a map, remotely lock it, play a sound, display a message, or erase all the data on it.
For missing io devices, Find My iPhone besides includes Lost Mode. Lost Mode locks your device with a passcode and can display a custom message and contact telephone number justly on the Lock Screen. While in Lost Mode, your device can keep path of where it has been and report spinal column so you can view its holocene localization history, right from the Find My iPhone app.
Please note that Find My iPhone must be enabled in iCloud settings on your device before you can locate it with this app.
• Locate your iPhone, iPad, ipod touch, or Mac on a map
• Play a good for two minutes at full volume ( even if your device is set to silent )
• remotely lock your device with a passcode
• Display a customs message on the Lock Screen
• View recent location history of your device while in Lost Mode ( io devices )
• Get driving directions to device location
• Remotely erase all content and settings on your device
• Battery charge indicator
New for io 9 :
• View your current location and the localization of your missing device on the like map.
• Cancel a pending erase request if your missing device is offline.
How Your Data is used
When you use Find My iPhone, your device ’ randomness localization, american samoa well as data about your device and your explanation will be sent to and retained by Apple so Apple can provide you with the service. Your device ’ sulfur localization is only transport to Apple if you actively request the localization of a device or accessory. If you choose to enable the Send last Location feature, your device ’ s death know location will be mechanically sent to Apple any time your device ’ s battery reaches a critically depleted floor. Apple retains location information and makes it accessible to you for 24 hours, after which it is deleted.
Supported languages : English, Arabic, australian English, brazilian Portuguese, British English, Canadian French, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hindi, Hong Kong Chinese, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Mexican Spanish, Norwegian, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Flickroom Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian, Vietnamese
• Find My iPhone 4.0 requires io 8 or former and iCloud. You can create a free Apple ID to use with iCloud on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch or Mac.
• Wi-Fi or cellular internet connection is required. WiFi-only devices must be connected to the Internet via a register Wi-Fi network to be located.