A terrific game that unleashes your creativity like no other !
Reading: Minecraft: Java Edition for PC
- Registration date
- Monday November 25, 2019
- Last seen
- October 7, 2021
Minecraft is a sandbox game in which lets you design large structures and objects from cubic blocks. The game goal, apparently simple, is to build during the day to survive during the night. You will find yourself in a totally unknown world with mountains, valleys, trees, and animals. At nightfall, monsters will appear, so the shelters you have built during the day must be safe enough to hide and save your life.
Story and background
In Minecraft, you are the godhead of your own narrative based on every choice you will make in a worldly concern where everything from the prime to the sun is cubelike. It is worth mentioning that in 2018 an synergistic serial based on its universe, Minecraft : floor Mode, was released. In this fib, you will start a travel with Jesse and his friends Olivia, Petra, Axel, and Ruben in their pursuit for The orderliness of the Stone, a group of heroes who will help them save their world. In the movie, you will be able to make real-time decisions and shape the fib precisely like you can do in the books where you are the hero.
- Each world is unique: First, you will create a rich and unique world procedurally generated. In this randomly generated world, you will be able to use a map, visualize the places you have already explored and what you have left to go through. You will also have access to an inventory of objects.
- Blocks: Blocks are the core components of the game. They are made up of different materials and have different characteristics: some will be opaque, others will emit light, others will not stand on their own, etc. These are used to build and craft everything on a grid pattern that must be respected when placing them. All of them can be collected, harvested, and used for different purposes.
- Explore, build and make progress: As described below, there are several modes and the objectives will change from one to another. Depending on your choice, you will have to explore the areas and interact with different objects. In addition, in almost all of them, you will have to gather materials to be able to build and protect yourself.
- Day and night cycles: Minecraft manages day and night cycles, each day lasts 20 minutes. In some game modes, you may receive attacks during the night, so you should focus on building a shelter during the day.
- Protect and take care of yourself: In addition to protecting yourself from hostile creatures, you will have to feed your character, avoid drowning, falling, or getting stuck in one of the world’s block.
Minecraft has a very unique and beautiful graphics style where everything is created from cubes in a 3D populace. The design may seem to look like retro games but in a more stylish way. You will be able to select your graphics settings depending on the performance of your graphics tease, including Fast, Detailed or fabulous ! You can evening fine-tune the whole crippled aesthetics using mods like OptiFine.
Read more: The best offline PC games – Flickroom
Minecraft is an open-world sandbox where you can switch from the beginning to the third-person position television camera. It besides allows you to play alone or with other players through either a local or remote control connection .
There are respective game modes with different levels of difficulty :
- Survival Mode: Survival is the main mode, where the players will have to focus on building a safe place to protect themselves from the creatures that lurk during the night.
- Creative Mode: Creative is the best option for new players since you will not be attacked and you will be able to move around the map without any limitations, including resources, and explore the mechanics without any problems. Basically, this is the god mode.
- Adventure Mode: In Adventure mode, you will have access to other players’ maps, you will not be able to build or destroy, but you will be able to interact with different objects.
- Extreme Mode: The Extreme mode is the difficult version of Survival Mode, where you will only have one life and the creatures will be more aggressive and will do more damage. If you die, the game is over and you lose everything. This mode is suitable for experienced players.
We care about you, in accession to the original version that we offer here ( Java Edition ), there are besides early versions such as Minecraft Dungeons, Minecraft : education Edition and Minecraft Earth, not to mention the huge sum of mods created by the community.
What do the critics say?
Minecraft is one of the most played and recognized titles of the last decade. On the review collector Metacritic it has been rated with a grudge of 93/100.
“Minecraft is less of a game than a giant toy box where everyone can shape their own experience. Minecraft is one of the most important creations in video games, and its influence will lead to new and exciting ways of perceiving digital worlds and their potential.” ( GameOver.gr )
Read more: The best offline PC games – Flickroom
Minecraft is rated PEGI 7. When an enemy is defeated, it will disintegrate into cubes before wholly disappearing. There is no explicit ferocity or fetid language. The entirely thing that may be disturbing for children is that some of the characters they are going to encounter can be a small skittish ( spiders, zombies, monsters, etc. ).
- Operating system: Windows 7 or higher.
- Processor: Intel Core i3-3210 3.2 GHz / AMD A8-7600 APU 3.1 GHz or equivalent.
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 400 series or AMD Radeon HD 7000 series with OpenGL 4.4.
- Storage: 1 GB of available space.