- 1 Common Pregnancy Symptoms at 4 Months Pregnant
- 2 How Is Your Baby Developing This Month?
- 3 How Big Is Your Baby When You’re 4 Months Pregnant?
- 4 What Does a Fetus Look Like at 4 Months?
- 5 4 Months Pregnant: Your Body’s Changes
- 6 How Far Along Are You at 4 Months Pregnant?
- 7 Checklist for When You’re 4 Months Pregnant
Common Pregnancy Symptoms at 4 Months Pregnant
Although you might not experience all of them, these are some of the more common pregnancy symptoms at four months meaning :
- Food cravings. Pickles and ice cream, anyone ? Go ahead and indulge your cravings within easing, but don ’ t neglect your overall poise pregnancy diet. however, if you feel the urge to eat non-food items, like chalk, soil, or laundry detergent, don ’ t give in to these cravings. alternatively, consult your healthcare supplier, as this could be a sign of a stipulate called pica .
- Dull or sharp abdominal pain. As your uterus grows during pregnancy, the ligaments supporting it reach. This can cause lower abdominal pain that can feel either numb or abrupt. Some moms-to-be determine that changing positions helps ease round ligament pain when it strikes.
- Sensitive teeth and gums. If your gums are swollen or if they bleed when you brush or floss, it could be gingivitis, a type of chewing gum disease. Pregnancy hormones can make you more susceptible to gingivitis, and you may find that your gums are more sensitive than usual. To relieve some of the discomfort, brush with a soft bristled soup-strainer twice a day, rinse with warm salt water as necessary, and see your dentist at your regular six-month checkup or oklahoman if needed .
- Spider veins. These thin, red or purple-toned veins on the surface of the skin on your face or legs are a less severe adaptation of varicose veins. Changes in circulation during pregnancy due to your increase lineage volume can cause this symptom. Spider veins normally fade on their own after you give birth .
- Stretch marks. These red, brown, or purple streaks can start to appear on your belly, breasts, buttocks, or thighs as your peel stretches during pregnancy. It ’ s not potential to prevent them, but keeping your skin moisturized can help reduce irritation and itch during pregnancy. These marks often fade over time after your baby is born .
- Nasal congestion. Is your nose feeling a little stuff up, or are you getting the periodic nosebleed ? The supernumerary blood volume in your body and hormonal changes can cause rhinal mucus membranes to swell and bleed. If this is a problem for you, make sure you ’ ra persist hydrated, and try saline rhinal drops to help relieve congestion. You can besides use a humidifier in your bedroom at night and apply petroleum jelly to your nostrils .
- Painful urination. If you feel a burn sensation when you pee, you may have a urinary tract infection, or “ UTI ” for short. This happens when bacteria enter the urethra. Moms-to-be are more susceptible to UTIs because the growing uterus place atmospheric pressure on the bladder, making it more unmanageable to wholly empty the bladder. If leftover urine contains bacteria, a UTI can develop. A UTI can become a more good bladder or kidney infection if left untreated, so if you notice afflictive micturition ( sometimes even combined with back pain and fever ), see your healthcare provider .
- Vivid dreams. Experiencing weirder or more vivid dreams during pregnancy is normal, and can be chalked up to hormonal shifts, changes in your sleep patterns, and stress. Read more about why you might be having strange dreams during pregnancy .
How Is Your Baby Developing This Month?
Though still quite belittled, your baby is already developing facial features and is besides working on certain movements, like flexing the arms and legs and clasping hands into fists. When you ’ re four months pregnant, there ’ second still enough of room for your baby to move approximately within the amniotic sac, so your small one is credibly making the most of it. At this point in your pregnancy, your little one is besides starting to produce estrogen and testosterone, and genitals may be visible if you have an ultrasound examination this month or erstwhile soon.
In the meantime—before your mid-pregnancy ultrasound when you can ask to find out your baby ’ second gender—have a small playfulness with our chinese Gender Predictor. There ’ mho more ! Your baby can now swallow amniotic fluid, which means the kidneys are starting to produce urine. And, did you know that your little one is starting to hear sounds from the external world ? If you haven ’ thyroxine already, start talking, read, and singing to your bantam, but very appreciative consultation ! !
How Big Is Your Baby When You’re 4 Months Pregnant?
By the end of this calendar month, your little one could measure about five inches long and weigh close to five ounces .
What Does a Fetus Look Like at 4 Months?
Check out these illustrations for a glimpse at what your child might look like when you ’ re four months fraught :
4 Months Pregnant: Your Body’s Changes
At four months fraught, you ’ ve now entered the second spare. This stage is often considered to be the “ honeymoon ” period of pregnancy — a time when many moms-to-be know an energy boost. If you ’ re feeling a little more energetic, why not use this trimester to take on some dress, shop, traveling, and any other preparations that require more feat and stamina ? You might be feeling great for other reasons, besides. The nausea you may have experienced in the foremost tailored may have gone away by now, and your appetite may be back, making you feel a spot more like your old self. You can besides breathe a sigh of respite because the risk of spontaneous abortion is significantly lower from this month ahead. It ‘s a adept time to relax and in truth enjoy your pregnancy travel. Although every mom-to-be and every pregnancy is alone, you might start showing this calendar month if you haven ’ t already .
How Far Along Are You at 4 Months Pregnant?
You might see a few unlike breakdowns for the weeks, months, and trimesters of pregnancy. At four months fraught, you could be launching into week 13 or workweek 14 and finishing the month at workweek 16 or 17, depending on how you ‘re grouping the weeks into months. The second tailored normally extends from this calendar month through month seven of pregnancy.
Read more: 4K Video & 4K Camera: What is It?